COVID-19 Safety Measurements
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic, we are doing our best to adapt to the situation while providing the best environment for dancing. We encourage you to read the information below so you can stay updated with our team. We will update our policy as the semester progresses with more information from the University of Houston
Official Weekly Classes
- YES! We are still going to meet weekly for classes. We are still meeting in person but face masks and social distance is required.
What is Membership Fee?
- Fall 2020 semester membership fee is $20/person/semester. You are given TWOE FREE CLASSES until having to pay due. Team Membership gives you access to our official classes on Fridays and ALL WORKSHOPS taught by USA Dance instructors on Saturdays.
- We hold our official class every Friday 5:00 P.M - 7:00 P.M CT. We also participate in workshops taught by USA Dance instructors on Saturday 2:00 P.M - 4:00 P.M CT. Information about these workshops will be posted weekly on our GroupMe and Discord. These are not our official classes but members are highly recommended to participate for your membership full benefits.
- Members can choose to practice at their own discretion. However, we encourage all of our members to follow safety measurements for COVID-19 such as wearing face masks and practice social distancing.
- Instead of going out for dinner and boba, we will host virtual game nights, watch party (dance videos, anime, movies, tv shows, or whatever our hearts desire). We still aim to provide as much socializing as we could to help everyone get through this difficult time.
- All in-person competitions and traveling plans are canceled for Fall 2020 semester. However, we have an online competition sponsored by USADANCE. Please check our Competitions Schedule page for more information.
From Cougar Dancesport:
- It is very unfortunate that we are not able to have as many activities this semester to enjoy dancing and great company from our wonderful members. We appreciate everyone for your continuous supports. We promise to do our best to provide you a fulfilling semester as much as we can. We hope everyone be cautious, be safe, be healthy so we can all dance our heart out on the dance floor once the world resumes its "normal".
Welcome to the Ballroom!